Are you looking for something fun to do with your friends, family, or in-laws? Do you want to make your friends from warmer climates pay for their endless stream of photos on social media that depict their warm winter paradise? Are you a human? If you answered yes to any of these questions then you need to visit the National Harbor ICE! 2014 exhibit featuring ‘Frosty the Snowman’ and his buddies. The exhibit is in a giant white dome thingy between The Gaylord and the water at National Harbor.
What you need to know:
1. It is truly 9 degrees Fahrenheit in the air-controlled tent of ice amazingness. Yes, they provide you coats but I would recommend that you wear mittens and a hat.
2. Ice producing companies (these exist?) from around the country have been making the ice for this exhibit for the past year!
3. You can get a little better price via Living Social
4. This exhibit is like a small city inside. It is huge and it will take you around 5-20 minutes to walk through. Longer if you try again and again to breach the sound barrier on the ice slide.
5. While you’re there be sure to check out the awesome Christmas tree on top of the Peeps store along the waterfront (see photo at the end of this post).
P.S. Don’t lick the ice!